Join with the Ontario Waste Management Association (OWMA) and waste sector experts for a comprehensive review and assessment of Ontario’s organics diversion and processing landscape. Hear about the evolving regulatory and policy framework around organic waste and the Ontario government initiatives evolving from the Environment Plan. Learn about current discussions around reforming the MOECP approval process to accommodate needed organics diversion facilities. Hear experts discuss the trends and operational challenges emerging as we look to ramp up green bin SSO diversion and respond to future demands from the IC&I sector for organic diversion services. What new facilities are currently being contemplated and what is happening in respect to facility upgrades – hear from companies and municipalities in this space.
COVID 19 has impacted waste generation quantities, where generation is occurring and what types of waste are increasing or decreasing. Hear from an industry expert about the impacts of COVID 19 on organics collection and recent curbside food waste audits in Ontario.
- Tim Murphy, Vice President, Environmental Performance, Walker Environmental Group Inc.
- Brandon Moffat, Vice President, Development, Stormfisher Environmental Ltd.
- Jud Whiteside, Vice President, Resource Recovery, Miller Waste Systems Inc.
- Nadine Kerr, Senior Engineer, Solid Waste Management Services, City of Toronto
- Paul van der Werf, Senior Consultant, AET Group Inc.
There will be opportunities to ask questions and engage with the presenters to inform your specific interests and questions.