The District of Squamish, in partnership with Squamish CAN, and Recycle BC, is conducted curbside checks to help improve individual organics and recycling. Auditors will visit all Squamish neighbourhoods for brief inspections of both recycling and organics totes in October.
The audit work as follows:
- Auditors will conduct a brief visual inspection of curbside recycling and organics totes in all Squamish neighbourhoods in October.
- Visible contaminants may be handled.
- All auditors wore be wearing identification.
- Residents received a Recycling Champion sticker or a notice with tips on what goes where. Residents will also receive a notice on their organics bin with tips on what goes in and what stays out.
Messaging to Residents
The messaging to resident were as follows:
- Do not bundle, bag or stack your recyclables.
- Clean and rinse your containers prior to recycling.
- Get tips on proper recycling at squamish.ca/recycling-collection.
- Download the Squamish Curbside Collection app for the Waste Wizard materials look-up tool to know what goes where.